Isn’t kale the new superfood? I was able to get my kids to eat it twice tonight! Dinner was stuffed pepper, with the meat recipe inspiration coming from Mark Sisson’s recipe for Primal Moussaka: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-moussaka/#axzz1io1crNN2. Only I made it wrong the first time, and I have been making in wrong ever since because it tasted so good! Here’s what I did:
1. Saute 1 diced onion and 4 garlic cloves
2. Add 2 lb ground beef and brown (I used Trader Joe’s organic grassfed, about $6.49 here)
3. When meat is brown, add salt to taste and about 1t each of allspice and cinnamon
4. In food processor, blend 1-2 handfuls kale with 1 tetrapak Pomi tomatoes. Add half to meat; freeze other half for later kid torture.
5. Add a small can of tomato paste
6. Add chopped fresh dill or dried to taste
7. Scoop meat mixture into bell peppers and bake at 425 until desired color achieved, about 30 min.
Dinner was served with the rest of the kale, prepared per the instructions on the back of the bag (again, Trader Joe’s) and some teeny tiny boiled potatoes (which were from the organic basket. Wait, isn’t that the point of my blog?) for the carbivores in the family. Photos: